Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brunch Quiche

I know I haven't posted anything forever.  I have been slacking but its been hard adjusting to my Greg being gone thru the week.  But here are some things I have baked the past few weeks starting with this yummy quiche!


This quiche is good for breakfast or lunch!  I made this when we were iced in a couple weeks ago.  It was so good!  It would be perfect for a Sunday Brunch!

For the Crust:
1 1/2c Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
10 Tbsp Very Cold Butter, seperated
1 egg
1 egg yolk, reserve egg white for filling

Now I mix my dough up in a food processor...less mess :)  but for those of you that don't have one, you can use yours hands.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.   
Add butter using fingers until mix resembles crumbs the size of peas
Add the egg and egg yolk until well mixed.
Wrap in plastic wrap and sit in refrigerator for about 20 mins
Remove from fridge and roll out  to about 1/4 inch thick and place in 9-in pie pan
Prick with forks and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 mins or until golden brown

For the Filling:
4 eggs plus egg white from above
1 c Heavy Cream
6-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c shredded swiss cheese
1/4 c chopped green onions
Salt and Pepper, to your personal taste

Whisk all ingredients till very well mixed and pour into warm pie crust.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins.
Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment