Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another 30 min. Meal

So, last night I made another quick meal in about 30 mins.  I know it prolly seems like a lot but I take so many shortcuts.  You don't have to make everything from scratch to have the best.  There  are so many things out there now that are quick and easy and taste just as good, if not better than what you could make home made.  So, I will take you thru this step by step to try to show you it can be done.

Pork Fried Cube Steak with Country Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Veggies with Cheese and Crescent Rolls
First, I preheated my oven to 350 degrees for my crescent rolls.  Put about a 1/4in of vegetable oil in a skillet on med-high heat.  Bread cube steaks in a milk and egg mixture and then flour.  I only use 1 egg and about a 1/2 c of milk.  I put a good amount of salt and pepper in the flour.  I also use hot shot seasoning which is red and black pepper mixed, has a bit of a kick to it.  But you can put any seasoning you want in your flour depending on your taste.  Just make sure you put a liberal amount cause this is the only way your pork will be seasoned.  I say about a teaspoon per cup of flour.  Then when oil is hot enough to fry, put pork in and turn heat down to med heat and cover for about 8 mins on each side until center is no longer pink.  While pork is frying I heat up my sides in the microwave.  Yes, the microwave!  I buy Bob Evans pre-made Mashed Potatoes which take about 6 mins to cook in the microwave.  Then I buy the Steamers vegetable bags which take about 7-8 mins in the microwave.  Quick and easy!  And then once your oven is preheated, you will want to put in your crescent rolls.  They usually take about 13 mins.  So, then when your pork is done frying, drain the grease and make your gravy.  I just use a packaged gravy in which you just add 1c milk and 1c water.  Stir and let simmer till thickened.  And there you have it!




Now I do want to stress, my meals are made for 2.  So, it may take a little longer for larger portions.  But I'd say you can easily do it for 4 in about the same time.  Also, they are not for the health nut.  I don't worry about fat, carbs and such.  So, if you like to eat healthier, than these most likely won't meet your needs.  But I like to think they are well balanced.  :)

2 comments: