Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dinner in 30 mins...it can be done!!

Watch out Rachel Ray...this mommy is on the move!!  I'm here to tell you that you CAN have a nice cooked meal every night in 30 mins!  With a little planning and multi-tasking you too can do it!!  Last night I managed to make pork chops, mac and cheese, baked beans, and crescent rolls AND feed my baby boy in less than 45 mins.  Within an hour, I had dinner made and my whole family fed!  I also made those Rainbow Chip cupcakes yesterday to make up for my disastrous bread.  They were yummy but note to self:  don't make mini cupcakes unless you plan on taking them somewhere!  They are so easy to just pop into your mouth!  Also, has anyone ever wondered why the Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip icing is so runny??  It always just melts right off the cake!!  I don't understand it!!  Well, that's it for today.  I am planning on making coconut cream pie and a lasagna  tomorrow!  Here are some pics of dinner last night :)



5 comments:

  1. that looks delicious Amanda! I have never made pork chops before and would like to know how long you cook them and what types of seasonings you have been using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy! I am suprised you use store bought icing...i figured you would make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you should post a recipe or recipes of the stuff you make every day with the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel - yea, i thought about doing that. I was gonna start doing that with the things I bake but I guess I could for my dinner stuff too. And about the icing, I wanted the rainbow chip kind thats why i bought it...lol!
    Heather - I bought butterflied pork chops, cut them in half and pounded them with a meat tenderizer, then I marinated them overnight with a spicy mango sauce made by K.C. Masterpiece (i think) then i cook them in a nonstick skillet with a little olive oil and brushed honey on them while they were cooking. I cooked them on about medium heat with the pan covered (helps keep them juicy) for about 7-8 mins on each side or until no longer pink in the middle. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete